Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 90 - part 2

Sad news from the home front. One of my aunts, Greta, died yesterday. My Dad is the oldest of the 4 kids, then aunt Greta, aunt Themla and aunt Muriel. He's always been close with his sisters and it hurts me that I am not able to be with him right now. The original plan had Dad flying back to North Dakota today, Monday, so there wasn't a rush to get him back home. I think my sister is going to travel to North Dakota for the funeral. It's tough no matter when this happens in a family, but I notice it a bit more here, I think, just because I know I can't return for the funeral. If any of my family members are reading this blog, please know that I'm thinking of you and for Greta's kids and grandkids. If there is anything I can do from this distance, please let me know.

No comments: