Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 83

My first Iraqi sandstorm. Boy, are these fun. Thank goodness for wet wipes. You can't get your whole body clean, but you can wipe your face and hands and at least feel a little better. I have got to start carrying my camera with me. From the roof of our office we had a good view, of what we could see. And the wind seems to blow from every direction. I know the sand filled every crack and crevice. I was chewing sand and cleaning it out of the corners of my eyes. And it wasn't even a bad sand storm, or so they tell me. Can't wait for the big one. I updated my thoughts on a new camper. My original plan, before I took this all expense paid trip, was to retun home, trade off the PT Cruiser, use the Starcraft as a trade-in and get me a pickup and a new pull-behind camper. I like my Cruiser. I don't like my camper. So, I thought that since I only go camping 3 or 4 times a year, I might be better off if I were to purchase a van camper. It doesn't have to be new and it doesn't have to be pretty, it just needs to have a good engine and transmission, as I can't turn a wrench to save my life. As I get closer to my coming home date I'll start looking online for what I want. Makes more sense to me than getting a pickup with poor gas mileage just so I can go to the mountains every other year or so.

3 comments:

DNN said...

Hey,

I finally got a tattoo. Got it at about 1:00 am in Vegas. Simple-just me daughters initials- still its a tattoo. I may add to it later.

You enjoy that sand-would you like more handi-wipesWhat else are you in need of. I'm working on the videos.

ktjhawk said...

pictures! we need pictures! Your pants have enough pockets (I should know, as I just packed 3 pair in a box)...slip the camera in one of them. The box goes out today.

Anonymous said...

merry christmas hugh!