Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 75

It gets dark here at about the same time as it does back home; sunset at about 5 pm and sunrise at about 7 am. We're outside when it is dark and I can see the sky, but it's not the same sky with which I grew up. Oh, we have the moon; that at least looks the same, but the stars are all wrong. I've been reading the blog of a buddy of mine, and recently he posted that he was longing for a plate of pancakes. I miss cooking for myself. Open a cupboard, check the freezer to see what you can put together, and make it yourself. The food here is good, and there is plenty of it, but I still miss being able to cook a meal for me. I think I need to buy a grill, some charcoal briquetes, and grill myself a meal. That should take the edge off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish that i had some advice for you on the spell check situation! i could never get that figured out in europe either...
after reading your list of things you miss so far, i thought i'd fill you in on something that you aren't missing out on:
-42 degree windchill.
my face hurts after shoveling the driveway.
anywho, keep your head down! and if i were you, i'd probably try and use the whole warrant officer lookalike thing to my advantage...