Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 121

Iraq; the land of magic and mystery. It truly is an amazing place. Its' beauty and mystery claim all of us, drawing each of us into her loving arms. Apparently, this is why everybody's hair is growing at an exponential rate. Guys are having to get hair cut every week, just to keep within Army regulations. There are a quite a few guys who are having their eyebrows trimmed for the first time in their lives. The number of mono-brows cropping up is becoming frightening. And the fingernails and toenails grow so fast we're constantly trimming them back. One guy trimmed his fingernails in the morning, put on a pair of gloves, and by 5 that afternoon, his nails had grown clean through the gloves. Don't believe me? Too bad; you're not here to disprove it, now are you? Is it the dry, warm air? Is it the constant movement, improving blood flow? Nay, it is Iraq, the land of magic and mystery. We're not going to talk about how fast my nose hair grows, or how quickly my back hair has started re-growing. After the joy of the pre-deployment waxing session I think I'll just deal with the itching. See what happens when I have something to say? Don't you wish I had just passed on today's entry?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think i may print and frame your last post.
this one....i'm not so sure about. maybe the shower water has that nioxin stuff in it.