Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 94




So, there we were, living in tents in Kuwait. Ah, the peace, the quiet, privacy. Of the two pictures, one is a shot of the row of tents in which we lived in Kuwait. The other is a photo of a soldier, not me, and his laundry. It took between 2 and 4 days to get our laundry back from the post cleaners, and as we neared our departure date, that date kept changing. It'd creep up a bit, then fall back, and then creep up a bit, then fall back. Kind of like boxers on a warm day. Some of the soldiers, not wanting to leave clothing in Kuwait or have to carry their dirty unmentionables into Iraq, found a bucket or an unattended sink and washed some clothes and then hung them up to dry. I guess this soldier found it necessary to guard his drying clothes. You may think it a bit extreme, but it is, after all, a war zone. I carried my dirties with me into Iraq. It is, after all, a war zone.

No comments: