Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 97

Well, now I've gone and done it. Picked up the one thing that that's going to interfer with my personal time. I bought a PSP from one of the soldiers here. Got a good deal, but with the system came the game "God of War 3". I played game 1 of the series on PS2 all the time. Game 2 of the series was ok, but game 3 is only available on PSP. There goes any time for reading, piano practicing, thinking, talking, and hanging out. I guess there are far worse things in the world. We have a soldier here who plays bass guitar professionally. He wants to put together a jam band for a St. Patricks Day party. He says we'll start rehearsal soon. I am way looking forward to it. My sister has teased me for some years about the Army's over-use of acronyms. I thought I had a good taste of them in the 20 years I've been in the Guard, but until I started my training at Ft. Lewis I had no idea of the sheer number of acronyms I didn't know that I had to learn. I won't bore you with a list, but one used frequently is COMSEC. It stands for communicaiton security. We need to be aware of what we say, who we say it to, and when we say it. There are things on Adder I'd love to put down here, but can't. There are things I'd love to have a picture of, but am forbidden to do so. When I get home, I'll tell you all about them. Back to COMSEC. One of the things we don't talk about is where we are and where we're going, and when. It's just for safety. If the bad guys know when a convoy is leaving post, they would be able to set up IED's and hurt my friends. So, color me su-prised when I find on the "Stars and Stripes" website, a full blown color map of the locations of all of the posts in Iraq. Check out the link. I'm in the lower left corner. http://www.stripes.com/standing/iraqmap.pdf

No comments: