Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 125


Here is a picture of the tattoo I'm going to get when I get home. Michael Jay's in Bismarck does a great job, and I need them to put this on my right calf. I could use some help, though. First, color; he's wearing authentic 18th century clothes, so should I try to go for traditional colors, or should I go with more a modern look? Second; the color of the drum; bright or subdued? Finally, should I leave it as is, or should I add a line or two of text? If I'm adding text, what should it be? And thanks Kate (don't make me try to spell your last name) for drawing this for me!!

2 comments:

DNN said...

I know for a fact that the pre-deployment wax treatment, for which you paid good money, was an experience unlike you have ever had in your life. I heard that from a very reliable source. I'm sure you are counting the days until you can experience the same sensation again.
I love the tatoo. My opinion; the minuteman speaks for itself. I do not believe text is necessary. Also, I am renting the movie "The Patriot" so I can get some ideas on colors. Be good--it is what it is--no one can stop the clock

ktjhawk said...

I agree - no text. I have no strong opinion about color, but I like the idea of sticking with the "original" scheme.