Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 140

Having nothing to say, I performed a google search on '140'. It is the year that Pope Hyginus was killed by the emperor of Rome, Marcus Aurelius. Pope Hyginus; makes me think that he was a very clean pope. Also, Ptolemy published his Almagest in the year 140. I know we all know what it is, but for those of you that may have a temporary lapse of memory recall, it is a book on mathmetics and astronomy. Also, in rankings of national population, Latvia is 140th. Of course, as we all remember, 140 is the atomic weight of the temporary chemical element Unquadnilium. Having an IQ score of 140 places one in the category of genius. 140 pounds is equal to 63.5029318 kilograms, but 140 kilograms is 308 pounds. (What! No decimal places?) And my favorite find; the Picoprobe Model 140 High Performance Microwave Probe. Why is it listed as a microwave probe? It sounds as if it is probing for microwaves, where in reality is it a probe to test the temperature of food cooking inside the microwave. Shouldn't it be better labeled as food probe, or temperature probe? Why do some people make it so difficult for the rest of us? I didn't get a Hurumph out of that guy. Give the governor a Hurumph!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Hey Hughie, I'm getting excited to join you in the 188th Band Iraq Adventure; a working title. I'm getting antsy to get the show on the road, even though you would probably admonish me to enjoy this while I can, but just the same I'm ready to start the process. Take Care