Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 175 - Evening

First off, we had snow. Not much, but it snowed. Last week it was 85 and we were having dust storms. What a wild swing in weather.
I finally saw the doc again today. I am not going to have surgery. I am going back to Iraq. I have something called Patellofemoral Syndrome. That's what's causing the pain in the front of the knee. I also have a Popliteal synovial cyst in the back of my knee causing pain in the back of the knee. I also have an extremely tight hamstring that's causing pain on the side of my knee. Word of advice; Don't deploy when you're old. They slapped a knee brace on my right leg and showed me the door. I have to wait a few days for a flight, but it's back to Tallil to finish my tour. It'll be good; with the desert heat pounding on us for the next six months I should be able to sweat off that last 40 pounds of water weight. I should come home a lean, mean, pink fighting machine.

No comments: