Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 173 - evening

Other than not having anything to do but to sleep and wait for my next appointment, all here is well. I am at the MTD(Medical Transition Detachment) and being treated very well. The rooms here are two-man rooms, with two rooms sharing a bathroom. Oh, the joy of not having to walk 100 feet to go to the bathroom, or another 100 feet to take a shower. And here, no combat showers. The first shower I took here lasted only 4 or 5 minutes, but today, I know I was in there for at least 10 minutes. Hot water; steam; privacy. The things we took for granted. When we arrived here, we were all given a voucher for up to $250 of clothing from the local PX. I bought a new pair of shoes, two pairs of blue jeans, four shirts, socks and underware. I haven't bought this many clothes since, well, I think, in my life. We eat in the hospital dining facility, and if it isn't the best food in the world, at least it is free. I am in my room, using the free wireless internet service, watching 'Ben Hur' on the TV, and drinking a Gatorade kept chilled by the in-room fridge. Carpet on the floors and a blanket on the bed; who needs anything else?

No comments: