Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 209

It's coming to head here. Imigaine if you will, every stupid person with whom you've ever worked. Every idiot who 'knew more than you' because they were the supervisor or boss. Take all the people who are allowed to stay at their desk through close knit political ties to the system. Now, group all of those people together, promote them by one step, and put them in leadership positions. With very few exeptions, this is how my battalion and brigade personnel are flushing out. Today some of those people tried to throw my boss under the bus. But because he's smarter than any of them, they failed. Not that they didn't try, but we spent most of the day not proving ourselves right, as much as proving them wrong. Personnel are demanding college level writing on sworn statements and sending them back down when there's a misplaced comma. These documents are to be written in the soldiers own words, not theirs. A mucky-muck today told me that we don't need page two of the document, that page one and three is all I needed. I said, no, we needed all three. He said we didn't. I showed him in the reg we needed all three. He told me the regulation was wrong and that he was right. We, the 287th, are causing all of our own problems. This deployment can't end soon enough. The days are long. I have my wedding to plan, my wife to kill, and Guilder to blame for it. Well, I should get some rest. You have nothing if you don't have your health.

No comments: