Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 204 - Benchmark 3

It's final. There is no doubt. There can be no question. All facts point to one truth. As of about 1-1/2 hours ago I became debt free. I knew I'd be happy, but I can't describe the overwhelming joy of being debt free. On the day my orders started I sold the house and paid off the mortgage. I used the profit and paid off the car. I spent some cash and bought stuff I needed and more stuff I didn't. Over the course of the deployment I saved up and paid off the bills, one at a time. All money I make from here on out is mine, mine, mine. Oh, don't worry, in my head I've spent almost half of it; new camper (check out the 6.0 at www.livinlite.com); a used small sailboat; a new computer (after a year in the desert this one won't last much longer); a dog. Now I just need to get back to the States and live my life.

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

yay!!! I'll never see that day, too much grad school, so I will live vicariously though your experience.