Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 199

Now, I've learned that I'm smart enough to know better than to believe everything I see on the internet, but I checked this out, and it appears to be true. John Madden is finally retiring. All it took was for me to go to Iraq. If I had known that was all it would take, I would have come here many, many years ago. It's not that I'm a fan of football, but it seems wherever I go, there's a NFL game on, be it Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. And without fail, there is that grating, overly loud, no sense of an indoor voice, by the fourth period slurring words more than in the first, annoying human being saying things that make my skin crawl. I was listening to a comedian on Sirius radio, and he was poking fun at Madden. Madden apparently said of a football player who lost a contact lens on the field, "Now there's a guy who sees better with his contact's in." First quarter or fourth quarter; you decide. I know I am not alone in this opinion. Many times I'd enter a room to see a group of people watching a game with the sound turned off. The reason given every time; Madden is announcing. Let's just hope he enjoys his retirement enough NOT to want to come back to work. I'll drink to that, but not until the fourth quarter.

No comments: