Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 243

I'm sure I've mentioned it in previous posts, but if not, I play the piano in church each Sunday afternoon. Today, in church, the chaplain was chiding us to ensure we kept in touch with our loved ones back home. He didn't go into specific detail, but he did say that many people here are not calling or writing home that are causing maritial problems. I have been as guilty as those with spouses with my lack of communication. I'm not trying to make excuses for my lack of contact, but I think I have an excuse. The time here is flying by. I find it hard to believe that tomorrow is June. I have only 3-1/2 months until I'm out of this camel spider, lizard infested sand hole. To me it appears that I am almost done. We're almost at double digits on days remaining. From my point of view, I am almost home. Perhaps others think the same way, foregetting we still have more than 100 days remaining. If I have brought any discomfort to anyone, if I have caused, through my lack of communication, pain, if I have made somebody say, "What have I done to make him angry enough to ignore me", I am truly sorry. However, I have shut off the Skype and will spend the rest of this day watching movies and washing my clothes, so don't expect any phone calls within the next few hours, but I do hope to be better at my oral communication skills.

No comments: