Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 231 - Benchmark 4

In starting all of this, whatever this is, I never intended to have this as a benchmark, however when I received a notification email earlier this evening, I shed more than one tear of joy. I was informed in the email that my application for readmittance into UND was approved and I will begin classes as a full time student beginning January 2010. I didn't know how big a deal this was to me until I read those words. Getting back into school makes this silly-ass adventure of mine worth it; all of it. Now all I have to do is get home. I got hold of my Dad today. He is going to meet me at Ft. McCoy at the tail end of our de-mob. If I end up getting sent to Fort What-cha-ma-call-it for an extended stay for surgery and rehab, it will be some time before I can get back to North Dakota. If they release me to North Dakota for the surgery and rehab, we can have a nice ten-hour catch-up on the ride back. Plus the camper I am buying is kind of on the way back, so we can stop and pick it up. Oh Happy Day! I love my people. I am their sovereign. Pull!

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you!