Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 242

Not much new on this side of the planet. It's still hot and dusty. It is so hot I actually saw a bird burst into flames today as it was flying by my office. I think a combination of the heat and the energy it was expending to remain aloft combined in a rare form of spontanous combustion. You see, this is why I feel it is unsafe to engage in physical activity in this country. A theory not held by the First Sergeant. I had a fun day earlier this week when Tim Johnson paid me a visit. Tim used to drill with us in the 188th Army Band in Fargo before he joined the ranks of the quitters. He accompanied a bugle player from the 34th ID Band for a performance at a Memorial Day Ceremony here. I drove them around post so they could make contact with the units' to line up jobs. It sounded as though they had many productive meetings. Can't wait to see the other North Dakota guys. The internet connection where those guys are is a bit limited, so if you don't hear from them, fret not, as they are all doing ok. Aaron should be here some time this coming week. I haven't seen Tim in two or three years, we live about a five hour drive from each other, and we had to travel over 7,000 miles from home to see each other face to face.

No comments: