Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 283

I'm not saying it's hot, but it's 7 pm and it's cooled off to 108 degrees. It topped out at 113 today. It was our last day of range duty. Hopefully I won't have to get up at 2 am for while. I took my M4 carbine and qualified. For those of you who know rifles, the rear sight of the M4 is on a spring. When you're not using the weapon, you fold down the sight so it gets out of the way. Well, my spring is broken. Every time I pulled the trigger, the rear sight would fall down. My morning went; bang, life sight; bang, lift sight; bang, lift sight, more times than I care to count. At least I qualified and now don't have to do it again until I get home. Yeah, and that shooting while in the kneeling position did wonders for my bad knee. I just aimed at the largest target on the paper and fired. Well, it went; bang, lift sight; bang, lift sight. I think I had 13 holes in the big target. Too bad they can only count the first five. My new happy thought; in my camper, all alone in a campground, surrounded by green grass and leafy trees, with a small lake in the distance. I use my new camper bread machine and use the warm, made in the camper, so it's got to be homemade bread, (right?), as my bread for french toast, cooked over an open flame, and in the same pan as the bacon. Ice cold milk, margarine, and perhaps a dusting of cinnamon to top it off. Mmmm, homemade food. If you could hear my voice, right now I sound much like Homer Simpson drooling over doughnuts.

No comments: