Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 279

Range week all this week. Our unit is having a range for enlisted soldiers. The range opens at 0430 and goes until everybody is done. I had to be at the office this morning at 0330. When I got there, on time, thank you very much, it felt a little bit cool. I checked the thermometer and it was all of 87 degrees. Oh, did it feel nice and cool. You've got to start firing as soon as you can see the targets so you get done and out of the sun by the time it starts getting hot. Over here, hot is relative, so if the sun comes up about 5 or so, it gets hot about 5:30 or so. Then it gets uncomfortable by about 7 and then it's up to unbearable about by 9:30-ish. Luckily they were all back by at the office at about 0930. Oh, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, home.

No comments: