Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 282

I am changing my motto. It is currently, "When life hands you lemons, quit your job and go to Iraq." I believe it now should be, "When life hands you lemons, grab the salt and tequila, and call a friend." Now, I'm not saying it's hot, but I just brought back from the dining facility a Frost Gatorade. Mmmm, grape! When it was in the cooler in the chow hall, it was cold. By the time I get to my room, a 5 to 7 minute walk, it was warm, working its way to hot. I'm not saying it's hot, but there are as few bugs here now as there are in North Dakota in February. I know I keep promising pictures, but whenever I try to load them, the sucky-ass slow, expensive-as-hell internet service here makes me wish notebooks weren't so frisbee-ish and light. Speaking of notebooks, I bought this Dell XPS specifically for the deployment, and it bites on the level that only cheap pieces of junk can bite. I am so looking forward to getting home and buying a real computer. I'd do it from here, but I don't want sand caked on the better one, too. I was thinking that I should go back to a HP, but since I'm going back to school, maybe I should start looking at Apple notebooks? I welcome your comments on the topic. Speaking of welcoming comments, I would like to thank my good friend Aaron Bedford for my log-off on this blog.
By the power of Castle GreySkull, I am...
Hugh Grindberg

2 comments:

ktjhawk said...

One vote for an Apple Powerbook!!!

DNN said...

Finally, you are coming to your senses! Another vote for a MacBook!