Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 35

I'm here in the computer lab on election night. Ah, let me tell you, one of the perks about being here now is that I haven't had to listen or watch or hear any political ads for the last month. It does a body good. I started training again this past Saturday. After receiving many much more Army gear, I went to the Land Navigation course. Not that difficult to find your way through an abandoned gravel pit. Hey, at least I passed. Then Sunday we started training on how to defeat IED's, from a walking and from a driving posture. Yesterday I got into the HEAT trainer. They have a HUMVEE body hooked up to a motor and pivot and they turn you around and flip you and then you have to get out. I get sick on a swing set so you can imagine how much fun I had in a blacked-out vehicle with my weapon and three other people getting tossed around like croutons on a salad. The second time we did it the control valve on my Camelback broke off and leaked into my crotch. I woke up quickly when the cold water hit my warm innards. Then as we were being spun around like yesterday's laundry, it started spraying everybody else with water. I have more and a half more days of training, then a few days on pass, and then we fly out. I can't come home until I leave, so now I just need to leave. It is what it is.

No comments: