Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 48

There’s a phrase out there of which I only know the first part, “The best laid plans,…”.
So, I am not in Germany on my layover. We didn’t stop in Bangor, Maine for refueling. I am in fact at the airport in Shannon, Ireland. We left McChord Air Force Base, just outside of Ft. Lewis, with our wheels up time at 0610 and landed here at 1400 Pacific Time. Ah, eight hours on a DC10 with 260 of my newest best friends, our equipment, and not much sleep on top of it. We're hanging out in the airport for 4-1/2 hours total time before moving on to our next destination; Kuwait. We're here longer than scheduled because we bypassed the layover in Maine and the next flight crew has not yet arrived. One good thing about leaving Ft Lewis is that at least there's no fog here. Nothing like the Pacific Northwest's answer to smog to brighten your day. I don't know how many more hours we have on plane, but whenever it stops, I'll disembark and be there.

1 comment:

TSJ said...

Hi Hughie, this is great stuff. And very informative for our impending deployment. Be safe, and maybe we'll see you over there.

Tim J