Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day Two

Day Two!? Where'd day One go? Oh yeah; now I remember. In the office at 0545 to get the last of the work items completed, such as end of year, end of quarter and end of month, and to do some personal stuff.

I said my final farewells and left Camp at 0945. At 1000, I sold the house, paid the mortgage, water, sewer, electricity, filed the deed at the courthouse, stopped the house insurance, and had to go back to camp. I'd forgotten my satellite radio. I got out of Devils Lake at 1145. I put the last of the boxes in storage when I got to Grand Forks and then had a 3 pm appointment; more on that in a minute. After my appointment I had a very tasty meal with wonderful company at Don and Sandy's place. Good eats!! We watched the Cubs lose the first game of the series and then we finished off the night with a few libations. Today I ran the last of my errands in Fargo and now it's a good meal at Johnny Carino's and then a few more libations. I need to go to war to get some sleep!

Back to the story about my 3 pm appointment, no pun intended. Don's wife beat up on me!! (I felt like yelling, "I need an adult! I need an adult.") I had my back waxed. Now THERE'S something new. I'm not sure that I could focus past all the pain, but I think every time I yelled, or kicked, or flinched, or complained, Sandy giggled. Don't hold me to this, as it was hard to focus on anything other than the hot wax being coated onto my baby-soft skin, or maybe it was the strips of hair being yanked out by their roots, but I'm pretty sure I heard laughter, and I know it wasn't coming from me. After a few therapy sessions I will tell about the nose-hair wax job I got right after my back quit bleeding. You know this waxing thing was invented by a woman.
Today went well. I paid off the car and bought some small personal stuff I needed, got my gas mask from the Band, and now I'm sitting here blogging to you good people.

2 comments:

DNN said...

Talked with all from the Wed night party and everyone present express their gratitude for what it is your doing, that they were able to be there with you that night and wish you a speedy return to good old North Dakota!

I thought I would include the picture as everyone can relate to what it was we were doing when we took it!! Tour won't be the same without you-I may end up saddle shopping......UUUGGGGHHHH.

I guess I lool at it this way--its only 12 drills and we all know how fast they seem to go. Be safe my friend and we will pick-up in Oct, 2009.

ktjhawk said...

what in the world possessed you to get your back waxed in the fist place!? OW!