Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 307

Well, we are almost there. People are gretting one another with, "We leave next month." I do my best not to count down the days until departure, as it seems to make time drag by. I am enjoying my purchase of my iPod Touch. I have only a few more weeks in my room, and then it is off to a tent to make room for our replacements. There is no internet in the tent. Before we move, I'd like to download another application or two from iTunes. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have downloaded books, a good version of Gin Rummy, Cribbage, Bejeweled and most recently, Backgammon. I've got some time at night, so if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. The iPod is great. I can't wait to get back to the land of wireless internet so I can use it better. Oh, Kevin, when I get out to the Stanley area, break out the board, as it's game-on! I've been sharpening my skills. How are yours after all these years?
If any of you still have a box or envelope to send to me, please don't. It takes some letters and most packages 5 to 6 weeks to reach me, and it's about that long until I leave natures litterbox. I'd hate to have you send something I never receive.
I saw a cat with a kitten the other day, so somebody here isn't doing their part, those selfish cat lovers. We are all concentrating on getting out of here, so there's really not all that much which is new, to say. Sandstorms suck; heat sucks; sandstorms and heat combined really suck. Although I have been fortunate in one area; in my entire time here, I have yet to see one snake, scorpion or camel spider. Lizards are everywhere as are these mangy dogs which resemble coyotes. I have seen a couple of rabbits. They've got these really long, straight ears. It appears as they're trying to pick up FM on those things.

No comments: